Getting frustrated or nervous or even irritated is a spontaneous outburst when you fail to login or sign-in to your Gmail account. Certainly, this happens; and this clearly indicates that you are having some terrible issues with your Gmail account. Indeed, Google has made it easier for users to communicate in a simple and hassle-free manner. Coming across such technical glitches would surely turn your mood off. Well, don’t lose your heart. Before something big turns up, let’s have a glance at the most possible issues that users of Google Mail might face and find the solution.
Most Possible Gmail Login Issues:
If a user fails to access his or her Google Mail account, it could majorly be because of wrong password input. Yes, you heard it correct. And it is very common and widespread. You must understand that passwords are case-sensitive. Since one can’t read the password characters, users must be cautious during the password input. Beware of Caps lock key, too. What if it’s just not about putting wrong password? What are the other things that you should keep your eyes rolling in when you can’t access your Gmail account?
- Forgotten password (Already discussed above).
- Wrong or don’t remember email address or
- Do you doubt that someone else is using your account?
- Failing to reset password via a text code or an SMS.
- Can’t login on all browsers.
- Failing to meet age requirements (under 13 years of age).
- 2-step verification
Solutions to the Above Problems:
- Forgotten Password: The easiest way to retrieve your lost or forgotten password is to visit the Account Support page. Users need to do the formalities like answering to the questions asked during the process – Google does this to ensure that you are the owner. Reset the password. Understand that the new password should be different from the previous one and is strong enough.
- Wrong Username or Email Address: Not sure whether you have the right username or email id? Visit the “Having trouble signing in?” page and follow the guidelines. Pick a recovery method – either an email ID or a phone number. Follow the instructions to confirm that you are the owner of the account.
- Someone Else Is Using Your Account: Before the other guy takes any step, you need to secure your account. It’s Time for your Security Checkup. You need to check your recovery information like recovery phone, recovery email and security question.
However, if you fail to access your account, visit the Account support page. Face some questions only to confirm that you are the real owner of that particular account. Answer them. Then you have to reset your password. Ensure that you are picking up a strong password (obviously, unused).
- Can’t Reset Password via Text or SMS: Visit the Account support Face some questions only to confirm that you are the real owner of that particular account. Seek a verification code from Google via text or SMS. Since the recovery code doesn’t change, you can use it without seeking another code.
- Can’t Login on all Browsers: The most effective way to find a solution to this problem is to delete all cookies and clearing all cache files.
- Minimum Age Requirements: For people who try different dates, Google never minds putting a temporary block. For underage potential users, trying a different browser would help.
- 2-step Verification Problem: Go to the troubleshooter page for if you are having issues with two-step verification method.
You can get complete information about how to sign in/log in to your Gmail account using any device. In case you don’t know what steps to take to sign in to use your Gmail account then don’t get worried as you can get complete steps on how to sign in to Gmail using different devices. If you not aware then you must should know that Gmail is the spine of the current internet scenario. You need your Gmail account for any sign up for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or any other social media platform in order to get started. After successfully creating your Gmail account to sign in/log in you will get complete steps on how to sign in /login to your Gmail account using a variety of devices.
Gmail Sign in Key Features
Use computer/laptop for Gmail login
- First of all you need to use your internet browser.
- Simply open it and go to gmail.com
- In login page type your Gmail username and password.
- After that tap on “Sign in with a different account”.
- In case you have been mistakenly directed to a page then you just click on “Sign in” option available on the top right corner of the same page.
- Now login/sign in to your Gmail account. You can also use Gmail app for both android and iOS platforms to sign in to your account.
Sign in/login using android devices
You can use Gmail app on your android device to Sign in/login. After installation of Gmail app on your device or in case you have inbuilt app on your device go to Gmail app. Add your account credentials to add your account to your device. Along with this you can add more than one Gmail account subsequently, to use multiple accounts in the app and you can switch between them consequently.
- To use Gmail app ensure that you are using the most up-to-date version of the Gmail app.
- You need to open the Gmail app.
- Now in the top left corner of the screen click on menu option.
- After this tap on username option.
- Click on “Add account”.
- Choose the kind of account you want to add.
- In order to add multiple accounts, follow the steps mentioned above.
- After successful addition of your all accounts you will be signed in to your Gmail account and you can use it at any time.
How to sign in using iOS Device
- First you need to launch the Gmail app on your iOS device.
- After this tap on the Menu option.
- Click on the address of your Gmail account.
- Tap on Manage accounts > Add account.
- Enter your username and password for your Gmail account.
- Once you have added your account, you will be signed in to your Gmail account and you can use it any time you want to.
Use two-step verification to sign in Gmail account
It’s often said when you use your Gmail account on public computer it may undergo some threat which makes your account unsafe. To protect your account privacy and security its good to use two-step verification procedure for ensuring complete security of the users. When you prefer the two step verification permission as you will get notified when any one tries to login in to your account without your permission.
You don’t only need password to sign in to your account but also the verification code which you get on your phone device. The code will be sent to your registered cell phone number each time you sign in/log in to your particular account. For this simply visit the Gmail login page and add two step verification code to your account and every time get a six-digit code verification code to use your account.
Read more :- Gmail customer service support help
Account login issues can be caused due to a multitude of issues, a few of which are mentioned below for reference:-
- The most common issue of all is when users forget the user name of the Gmail account
- Another common issue is users forgetting their account password which leads to lose of access to the account
- Thirdly, there are times when certain Gmail accounts get blocked out, owing to the fact that there were certain security related breaches or the Gmail account was dormant for long period of time
- Apart from these, there can be other technical issues as well which may cause glitches in loading the mailbox
Now, depending upon the issue at hand, users can connect to the Gmail Customer Support team seeking their help and guidance on how to reset their account so as to obtain access to the same. Now, in case of users forgetting their user name, the retrieval of the same is fairly simple wherein users simply need to click on the help hyper link, and then enter the email address of the email account. The user name corresponding to the email address would be immediately prompted to the user. The user name, however, is not sufficient for users to gain access to the email account.
Users facing issues in account passwords can recover the same from their email portal itself as well as by connecting with the Gmail password recovery team for helping them update their contact point in the email account and then use the verification code sent to the registered email address to get access to their Gmail account. In such case, users need to change the password in the initial login itself as these are system generated codes and can cause security related issues at a later point in time.
Coming to the issue of blocked accounts, the recovery of such accounts are pretty much the same as that of password recovery issues. The necessary criteria in such cases, is that users must prove their identity before proceeding with the account recovery process. The authentication check is done by asking the keys to the hint questions which are registered to the email account. Once the identity of the user is confirmed, the same process is followed and users are shared a code which can be used to recover their account.
The Gmail Technical Support team can always be approached for support via any of their support platforms which include mail, toll free call option, and chat and via social media.