Now you can easily add a forwarding email address on Gmail. This feature helps you in forwarding some important messages in to some other accounts also. Sometimes your personal emails get arrived in your official mail. In order to fix this you can find yourself in the situation where may require to forward certain emails that are going to your private Gmail account to your work or maybe in to your Hotmail or Yahoo accounts etc.
You can now easily add a forwarding email address on Gmail with a few simple steps. In this piece of write up you will get complete info about forwarding emails on Gmail. The steps provided are complete and you need to apply every step carefully. Simply follow the steps:
Steps for turning on automatic forwarding
- First of all on your computer, you need to open your Gmail account from where you want forward messages from. Keep in mind via using these steps you are able to only forward messages for a single Gmail address, and not to an email group.
- Now in the top right corner you need to tap on settings.
- After this tap settings.
- Tap on the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.
- Tap on Add a forwarding address in the “Forwarding” section.
- Type the email address on which you want to forward messages to.
- Tap to Next and then continue and then OK.
- After this a verification message will be sent. Tap on the verification link.
- Then you can go back to the settings page on the Gmail account from where you want to forward messages and then refresh your browser.
- Choose forward a copy of incoming mail to OPTION.
- Its good to keep a copy of mail in the Gmail’s Inbox.
- Now save Changes.
Turn off automatic forwarding
- In case you want to turn off these settings then turn on your computer, you’re your Gmail account from where you want to stop forwarding messages from.
- Now in right corner, click on Settings.
- After this tap on Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.
- Choose disable in the “Forwarding” section, for forwarding emails.
Hopefully these steps are useful in How to add a forwarding email address on Gmail but in case you confront any difficulty then you can simply dial a toll-free Gmail customer care support toll free number to fix the issue right away.