Your password is the only defense that keeps your Yahoo account safe against intrusion by hackers. Therefore it is important to use a password which is difficult to guess and crack by others. For this, it is suggested to create your password with a combination of alphabets, number, and special characters. Also, it is recommended to keep changing your password every few months for better security. If you have not changed your Yahoo password for a long time or the password you are using doesn’t include the combination of number, alphabets, and special characters, it is best to change it right away. To know how to change your Yahoo password, follow the instructions provided in this guide.
Steps to Change Yahoo Password
- On your web browser, open Yahoo sign-in page. Enter your Yahoo user id in the prompted field and click on the Next button.
- On the next screen, you will need to enter your password in the provided field and click on the Sign in
- Once you are logged in to your Yahoo Mail account, you will need to go to the Account security section of your account. To get to the Account security section, move your mouse cursor over your Profile name located on the top-right corner. A drop-down menu will appear on your screen. From the drop-down menu, click on the Account info You will be directed to the Account info section where you will find the Account security option on the left-hand side panel.
- Click on the Account security You will be taken to the Account security section of your Yahoo account.
NOTE: After clicking on the Account security option, you might be prompted to enter your current password again. Enter the password in the provided field and confirm it to get to the Account security section.
- Under Account security section, click on the Change password You will be directed to the next screen where you will be prompted to create your new password.
- Enter your new password in the provided fields. Make sure that your password is a combination of number, alphabets, and special characters. After entering the new passwords, click on the Continue The password will be changed for your Yahoo account.
In addition to changing your password, you can enhance the security of your account by enabling the two-step verification feature. Enabling two-step verification will send you a security code on your phone each time you will try to sign in to your Yahoo account from a new browser or device. To enable two-step verification feature, follow these steps:
- Sign in to your Yahoo account and go to the Account security section as suggested above.
- Once you are in the Account security section, scroll down and click on the slider button next to the Two-step verification You will be taken to the next screen where you will be prompted to enter a phone number in the provided field.
- To register the phone number for two-step verification, you will need to either click on the Send SMS button or Call me button for verification of your phone number.
- Once your phone number will be verified successfully, two-step verification will be enabled for your Yahoo account.
So, this is how you can change your Yahoo account and make it more secure using the two-step verification feature.
As these steps are helpful in changing the password of yahoo account, but in case you face any sort of difficulty in changing the password then you can simply dial a Yahoo mail toll-free customer support number and get instant help from experts instantly. You can also get connected to a third party tech support company and get instant help from the experts.
You can also get more info about the different-different ways to recover yahoo mail account password guide with simple steps.