Whether you have forgotten the password for your Yahoo Mail account or your account has been hacked, you can recover it by following the step-by-step instructions provided in this guide. Below you will find the detailed information on how to reset password and secure your account.
Steps to Reset Yahoo Mail Password
- On your web browser, go to the Yahoo sign-in page, enter the Yahoo ID and click on the Next. You will be prompted to enter the password on the next screen.
- On the next screen, you will need to click on the “I forgot my password” option. You will be directed to the next screen where you will be shown a partial visible Account Recovery option (phone number or email address).
- If you recognize the given account recovery option, you will need to click on the “Yes, text me a verification code” if you are shown your phone number or click “Yes, please send me a verification code” if you are shown your email address on the screen. As you will click on this option, you will be taken to the next window where you will be asked to enter the verification code that you will receive on your phone or email address.
NOTE: If you don’t recognize the given account recovery option, you can simply click on the “I don’t have access to this phone/email address” option to get to the next account recovery option.
- Enter the verification code in the prompted field and click on the Verify If the verification code will be verified successfully, you will be directed to the next window where you will the “Success” message with two options:
- Create a new password
- While clicking on the Continue button will direct you to your Yahoo account, clicking on the “Create a new password” button will direct you a new window where you will be prompted to enter your new password. You will need to select the second option.
- On the subsequent screen, enter the new password in the provided fields and click on the Continue On the next screen, you will be prompted to review the account recovery options.
- After reviewing the account recovery options and making the desired changes, click on the Looks Good
And, this is how you can reset the password for your Yahoo Mail account. Once you are done resetting the password, it is recommended to make sure of the following:
- Check if any changes were made to the settings of your Yahoo Mail account by someone.
- Check in case there are unknown emails arrived or sent from your Yahoo Mail account.
- Also, check out the recent activity occurred in your Yahoo account by going to the Account info section. Just move your mouse cursor over your Profile name located on the top-right corner of the window and select the Account info option from the drop-down menu. Once you are on the Account info section, click on the Recent activity option located on the left-hand side panel. Under recent Activity, check if any activity has been done in your account that was not done by you. If any activity has taken place, you will need to take action accordingly.
Following these suggestions will help you secure your account in a better way. In addition to this, it is also recommended to enable account security features such as two-step verification in your account. Two-step verification feature works by sending a security code to your phone number each time you try to access your account from a new browser or device. To know how to enable two-step verification feature on your Yahoo Mail account follow these steps:
- Go to the Account info section and click on the Account security option located on the left-hand side panel.
- Under Account Security section, click on the Slider button next to the Two-step verification feature.
- On the next screen, you will need to enter your phone number which you wish to register with your account.
- After entering the phone number, click on the Send SMS button or Call me an option to receive a code for the verification of your phone number.
- Once your phone number will get verified successfully, two-step verification will be enabled on your account.
With all these above processes you can successfully Reset the password of your Yahoo account. However, if want to know more about Reset Yahoo Password of finding trouble while going through the above procedure then you can dial a Yahoo mail customer service technical support number.