Hotmail/Outlook is one of the well-liked Microsoft products and helps you to store your personal and business information manager. The email comes as a part of the Microsoft office suite. Although it is generally an email application it also consist of features such as a get in touch with manager, calendar, task manager, note taking, journal, and web browsing. User can sign in/log in to Hotmail/Outlook.com account at anytime using any email accounts ending in @Outlook .com, @hotmail.com, @live.com or @msn.com. With the help of this piece of write up you will get complete information about how to login in to your account through the step by step process of how to sign in/log in to Hotmail/Outlook.
Follow the steps to log in to the hotmail/outlook account
- First of all open your internet browser and then go to Hotmail/Outlook.com
- Now type your email address and the password.
- In case you want to keep away from the effort of logging into your account each time then you can select “Keep me signed in”.
- Tap on “Sign in”
How to use single code to sign in/log in to the hotmail/outlook
In case do to some work you are using a public computer for using your Hotmail account then there is no need to get panic at all as now hot mail provides you with few steps which secures your loin details even on the public computer. Simply use the following steps to sign in to your Hotmail/Outlook. These steps help you in protecting your account from hacking.
Here you will get complete info about how to use single code option to sign in to Hotmail/Outlook account with the below mentioned steps:
- First of all you need to open your browser and go to www.hotmail.com .
- After that instead of entering your Hotmail email credentials you need to tap on the option of ‘sign in with single use code’.
- With this you will be then redirected to a page where you may be asked about entering your email id and phone number.
- Now you will get a code on your mobile number enter that code at the given space and access your Hotmail account using that code.
- Every time when you sign in to your account a new single-use code will be assigned to you on your mobile number to avoid any hacking.
Two step verification to sign in/log in to the hotmail/outlook
In case you’re using your Hotmail account using a public device or from unknown computer and you’re doubtful that someone may be tracking down your password, and then what you need is to simply use the option ‘sign in using single use code’ for this method. This method comprises of the additional layer of security. You have to revolve this choice off by altering your settings. Each time when you sign in to your account you’ll be asked to enter an extra code to log in to your Hotmail/Outlook account.
How to sign in to hotmail/outlook using one drive
As you know One Drive is a fundamental storage space drive to save and protect your important data. You can save your important files, photos, music, in it anytime. You can also distribute your files using One Drive to your contacts. One can use this function on their computer and also be downloading on your smart phones or tablets. Along with this you can use your Hotmail account to sign in to One Drive. You need to follow the below-mentioned steps to follow the sign in to your account:
- Simply go to https://onedrive.live.com from your internet web browser.
- Now sign in to your One Drive account using your Hotmail account.
- With One drive an individual get 5 GB free storage. In the past Microsoft offer you with 15 GB of free storage but now the limit is reduced to 5 GB.
- After this you can log in to MSN by means of your Hotmail account. This feature gives you every feedback of news and weather.
How to sign in to hotmail/outlook using windows
Now a Windows user can also sign in to Hotmail account without any difficulty. What you need is to just to have a Hotmail ID to sign in to windows 7, windows 8, windows 8.1 and windows 10 operating systems. If you are using Windows mobile then you can also log in to your Hotmail ID. Microsoft has started this scheme to generate an amalgamated experience for each machine and service.
How to sign in to hotmail/outlook in Android device
In case you’re an android device user and you are looking for ways to use Hotmail/Outlook on your device then don’t be worried as you can now use your account in few simple steps on your Android device. For this you need to use the android’s included email app instead of Hotmail/Outlook application. Though Gmail has overshadowed its efficacy while just from past few years.
You can also use the Hotmail/Outlook application version that works great on Android and tablets devices. You can simply download the application from the Google Play Store and use your account on your Android device.
Follow the below-mentioned steps to sign in to Hotmail/Outlook on your Android device.
- First of all download and launch the application on your device.
- After this you need to enter your email and password on the page you are redirected.
- After typing the account credentials i.e. email address and password tap on ‘Next’. In case your details are correct then you will be fruitfully logged in to your Hotmail/Outlook account.
- Along with this a hotmail user can configure or use more than one account at the same time and manage their work accordingly both personal and business account.
How to use Android built-in email app for sign in
Most of the Android devices usually come with an in-built email app which helps users to replace Active Sync accounts. These in-built email app has all the same features like the Hotmail app. Simply follow the given below steps to log in to your Hotmail/Outlook.
- First you need to go to the settings option and after that go to the ‘Accounts’ section. Next click on ‘Add account’.
- Select the ‘corporate’ account form. If you have the previous version of Android, then the option available must be different then corporate.
- Type your email id and password credentials correctly in the requisite fields.
- When typing the email id, you need to put complete email address i.e. @Hotmail/Outlook .com at the end of the username.
- After this in the server box type snt-m.hotmail.com.
- When the synchronization is carried out productively, your account will be ready to use.
How to sign in hotmail/outlook for iPhone
Here you will get complete steps about how to sign in to hotmail using iPhone, but the process mentioned below is ideal for setting up your Hotmail/Outlook on an iOS device.
Te steps for iPhone and iOS device are same:
- First you need choose the settings option then>Mail, Contacts, Calendars>Add Account.
- After this select Hotmail/Outlook .com.
- Now type email address and password in the required fields.
- Click on ‘next’ when you’ve fill the details. Ensure that the id and password are correct.
- You may be asked for Hotmail/Outlook data once you access on your iPhone or iPad.
- Click on done option to proceed.
- To sync your Hotmail account email data with your need to go in Settings>Mail, Contacts, Calendars>Hotmail>Mails Days to Sync.
Hope this piece of information is helpful for you to how to sign in to Hotmail/Outlook account.