Resetting a Facebook password is the easiest yet the complicated part of recovering an account. Everyone must have faced this issue with one or a different application. Facebook is one such application that reported too many cases of this kind. However, you can talk to a live person at Facebook anytime to fix this issue. But there is a high possibility that you will have to be on the wait for long. At the same time, we don’t want to see our users facing these types of struggles to reset passwords. Hence, we have come up with a solution by providing a straight forward method. If you ever are not able to contact Facebook about my account issue then you can follow the steps provided in the blog to reset the Facebook password.
Sometimes we decided to change our Facebook password on our own while other times we directly prompted us to the password reset page. Through whatever way you are forwarded to the page, if you don’t know the correct process you will definitely get stuck at some point. Hence in this blog, we will tell you the precise way to reset the Facebook password.
Steps to reset Facebook account password:
First of all, open the Facebook login page on your device. Below the email address and password section, you will get to see the reset password option. As you don’t know the current password hence, you have to click on this option. Moreover, if you know your correct password then log in your account by entering the same in the respective fields.
Now firstly we will tell you to reset your password when you don’t know the current password.
- Enter your registered email address in the forgot password section.
- Then enter your phone number.
- A list of Facebook accounts appears on the screen registered with similar details.
- Click on the account that you want to recover.
- Now you will be prompted to a new page. Then Facebook will ask you to send a unique code to your registered email address. If the registered email is available with you then click on the “Send code via email” option. Otherwise, you can also choose to receive the code via text message.
- Click on the “Continue” button.
- Check your email account and locate that code.
- Enter the code on the next page and click on the “Continue” button.
- Now you will be automatically promoted to a new page to change your password. Create a strong password using a combination of numbers and alphabets. Also, make sure to remember the same whatever you are entering otherwise you have to follow the same process again to rest the password.
- Click on the change password option to change the Facebook password successfully.
Now if you already know the password then you have to follow the below process to change your Facebook account password.
- Open your Facebook account by entering your email address and password.
- Click on the down arrow on the right side of the screen to open the settings.
- Now search for “Settings & Privacy” on the menu to get my Facebook account back.
- Then click on the “Security and Login” option.
- After this, click on the “Change password” option and enter your old password and then a new password.
- Re-enter the new password and click on Save Changes.
- Now, your password was changed successfully and will be prompted the screen.
You can also talk to a live person at Facebook and ask for alternative ways.